Instead of coming up with resolutions that I won’t be able to keep through out the year, I decided to pick one word that would define on how I approach this year. So therefore, my word of 2012 is going to be:
There’s a lot of areas in my life right now that lack focus. Here are the areas that I’m going to work on focusing this year:
- Hubby – spending more quality time with him.
- Work – try to figure out what I want to do this year (and can do!). Focus on my freelance business also.
- Health – need to focus on my health and to get better each day. I also apparently need to focus on health over Work (I’m wired to think of work over health, hence putting work over health in this list!).
- Fitness – when I can I am going to work out with my bike and weights at home.
- Blog – my blog has been unfocused for so long. I just can’t seem to focus it – so I might be unfocusing it for good and writing what I love to write about – a little bit of everything. But still focusing on putting out good content.
- Spiritual – focus on quality time in the Scripture and in prayer.
- Family and friends – focus on my relationships. Strengthen the bonds and make more time for them.
I’m going to print my word of the year and this list and post it on my bulletin board so I don’t lose focus this year and can continue to work towards my goal of focusing on these things and focusing my life in a better direction. Did you pick a word this year? If so, please share!