I’m very excited about this series as it stretches me to think creatively in my design and living and I hope in yours too. Today I’m going to focus on re-purposing items, or using items in a totally different way than they were meant to be used. To be honest, once I started looking into this, I couldn’t stop!
1. Use vintage suitcases as a side table
~ I admit, this is something I’ve been dying to try for awhile but I just haven’t found the perfect vintage suitcases that I’ve been willing to spend the money on!
2. Use a dresser in the Foyer as a storage unit
~ I love this look and the idea of having all this storage in my foyer! What a great place to hide mail, keys, purses, etc.
3. Take old cans, paint them and use them for pencil storage
~ What a money saving tip too! And here I was looking for a nice pencil storage and they were all $7! Great idea!
4. Use pretty juice jars as vases
~ I would have never guessed these were apple juice jars. Would you have?
5. Old card catalog drawer for kitchen storage
~ I love the antique look of this – especially since it says “Paris”!
~ I think it’s the book lover in me but I just love the look of re-purposed card catalogs!
7. Use a crate with some old fabric in it for a dog bed
Isn’t this adorable? If I had a dog (I’d hint to hubby but he doesn’t read this ) I’d totally try this! But the small puppy I want (a Yorkie) might need a step stool!
8. Use pipes as legs for a table
~ This is just an awesome look. I can’t say anything more about it.